Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yummy Granola

This is my favorite granola recipe. I took a recipe that I found on www.providentliving.org and adapted it for my family. Unfortunately the recipes I found are no longer on their website. We love it with yogurt or milk, but I leave the fruit out if I'm in a yogurt mood. Feel free to add anything your family likes like sunflower or sesame seeds. Enjoy!

6 C rolled oats
1/4 brown sugar
1 C coconut
1 C nuts (we like almonds the best)
1/2 C oil
1/3 C honey
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C dried fruit (optional)

Spray a mixing bowl with non-stick spray. Add all of the ingredients except the fruit and mix well. Spray a 9x13 baking dish or a jelly roll pan with non-stick spray and add mixture evenly to the dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes stirring twice to prevent the edges from burning. Add fruit.

1 comment:

  1. After you made this for us many Christmases ago, we fell in love. Now, it is rare that we don't have some of this granola recipe made up. We have also made some adaptations of out own. I am bummed out because I just used up the rest of my coconut.
    One hint I learned the hard way: if you don't mix the sugary stuff in WELL, it carmalizes on the bottom of the pan.
    Also, I always add 2-3 Tbsp. Cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete